Sunday, July 26, 2015

I am dwelling in the secret place of the Most High

I am dwelling in the secret place of the Most High; I am abiding under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, YOU are my refuge and my fortress: my God, in YOU will I trust.

Surely YOU shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

YOU shall cover me with YOUR feathers, and under YOUR wings shall I trust: YOUR truth shall be my shield and buckler.

I shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrows that fly by day;

Nor for the pestilence that walks in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasted at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come near me.

Only with my eyes shall I behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because I have made YOU, JEHOVAH, who is my refuge, even the Most High, my habitation;

There shall no evil befall me, neither shall any plague come near my dwelling.

For YOU shall give YOUR angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.

They shall bear me up in their hands, lest I dash my foot against a stone.

I shall tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shall I trample under feet.

Because I have set my love upon YOU, therefore YOU will deliver me: YOU will set me on high, because I have known YOUR name JEHOVAH.

I will call upon YOU, and YOU will answer me: YOU will be with me in trouble; YOU will deliver me, and honour me.

With long life will YOU satisfy me, and show me YOUR salvation.


This is the self-declaration version of Psalm 91, which a friend of mine taught his only daughter to be reciting on daily basis.

On this particular day, this girl of about eleven (11) years, who had just gained admission into a secondary school, was about going to school when she turned to her mum and said “Mum, please anoint me.”

Her mother did not argue with her but immediately took the anointing oil and anoint her saying
“I anoint you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. No evil whatsoever shall come near you. Let the fire of the Holy Ghost be burning in your life. Divine favour is your portion. My sweet daughter, go in peace and come back home with peace of the Most High God”

“Amen. Bye-bye, mum!”

The girl carried her school bag and went out to school. She boarded a taxi to her school which is nearby. Fortunately, she saw three of her fellow students already in the taxi and joined as the fourth person.

Immediately she settled down in the taxi with her fellow students, they just dozed off. When they woke up, they found themselves near an old ancient building in a bush. Then, a brutish old man with charms on his neck came out and looked at the children and shouted
“Are you crazy? Where did you get all these useless children? These are of no use to us. See the fire burning on their head. How will I go near them to use them? Better return these useless cargoes to where you carry them from.”

And the old man angrily turned back and went inside.
The taxi driver had no choice except to return these children to a nearby express-road. It was the people who saw the school children with their school uniforms that started wandering why the students should be wandering along the road so far away from their school, especially during the school hours. They alerted the Police who took them in and carried them to their school. That was how these children got delivered from the lions’ dens because they dwell in the secret place of the Most High.

Men of the dark world are ever-ready to snatch whatever you have from you if you are not spiritually smarter than them. It is a real war between Jehovah and satan.

Romans 8:31 says
•    What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Romans 11:13 says
•    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Corinthians 2:11 says
•    Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Ephesians 6:11-13 says
•    11: Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
•    12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
•    13: Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Galatians 6:17 says
From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment